Install Simple forum Install Simple forum
 RegisterRegister ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in
Windows 10: Start Menu ("All apps") is not updated
Harry Kloppert

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:41 am

Installing an Installsimple-prepared package does not update the "All apps" Start Menu under Windows 10, although the parameters during preparation did ask for it. It worked fine under Windows 7. Tried both versions 2.8 and 2.9 Free.
SMURF

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:03 am

have you tried adding a start menu shortcut in the settings it helped me out for windows 8.1
Harry Kloppert

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:51 pm

I did that for many years under Windows 7: In the "Shortcuts"-Window: I have checked the "Uninstall.exe" for the Programs Menu and the actual "xxxx.exe" to be on the Desktopp as well as in the Programs Menu.
After installing the Setup.exe the xxxx.exe is installed, has a shortcut on the Desktop but does not appear in the Programs Menu (which is called "All apps" under Windows 10).Also the "Uninstall.exe" is not present in the "All apps".
Vladislav Biryukov
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:42 am

Harry Kloppert wrote:
Installing an Installsimple-prepared package does not update the "All apps" Start Menu under Windows 10, although the parameters during preparation did ask for it. It worked fine under Windows 7. Tried both versions 2.8 and 2.9 Free.

Hello

Version 2.9 has not been tested on Windows 10.
We try to fix this problem in the next version.

Regards,
Vladislav Biryukov
simpleBOB

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:48 am

hi! I found an article on Windows and virus Zeus (http://myspybot.com/zeus-virus-alert-removal/). Maybe that's the problem?
Jump to: